After posting the pictures of the Paleo Cookie Crisp Cereal my wife made, many people asked for us to post the recipe. Mariah came across this recipe on Brittany Angell’s website. You won’t even need your Carb-Ease® Plus or Crave Check SR™ for this one! Here it is:
- 1 packed cup of blanched
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar (organic white sugar, sucanat or another granulated sugar of choice should work!)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking power (I use double acting)
- 1 teaspoon oil or melted butter
- 2 Large Eggs
- mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the cookie dough ingredients, leaving out the chocolate chips.
- Put the cookie dough into a piping bag. Squeeze rows of tiny “candy dots” sized cookies (about an 1/8 of a teaspoon) onto the cookie sheet, leaving a little space between each cookie. (Not much space though, as they will only spread a tiny bit!)
- Stick 1-2 chocolate chips into each mini cookie.
- Bake 6-7 minutes until firm and lightly golden.
- Repeat with two more trays (3 trays total).