When I was a kid, one of my favorite candies was the Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme Bar! For those of you that have had one before, you know what I’m talkin’ ’bout! I have not had one in years (since I started eating Paleo) and saw one in the store the other day and thought… “I bet there’s a way to make a healthy version of that bar.” Then a couple nights later, voila! I did it! I made a healthy version of one of my favorite candy bars!
So here’s what I used:
- 1/4 Cup coconut oil
- 3 Scoops vanilla Muscle Gain powder )
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Tsp pure vanilla extract
- “Enjoy Life” Chocolate Morsels
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir until it is almost a paste. (If you use too much coconut oil it’ll be watery and you’ll have to stir more) – See below:
- Place the dough on parchment paper and flatten it out until you have the desired thickness. You may want to place the parchment paper into an 8×8 glassware to make it a perfect square; however, the shape does not affect the taste. 😉
- Place the now leveled out dough into the freezer for 10-15 minutes (just enough to let it begin to solidify).
- Once you take it out of the freezer, using a pizza cutter (or knife), cut the dough into the desired shapes you wish to eat. I like the original shape of the bars so you may think mine was boring. :/
- Put it back in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to let it harden a little more.
- EAT THE HECK OUT OF THEM!!!